3 Easy Recipes for Campers
In the Philippines, luxury camping is slowly becoming a thing thanks to the several places that have popped up where many people can enjoy “glamping.” It is so far-fetched from what individuals are used to before that many – who used to hate regular camping – are now accepting the activity with their arms wide open.
However, preparing for your first luxury camping trip cannot be easy especially when it comes to planning what food you are going to cook and eat at the campsite. But you can stop fretting now, for here are three meals you can definitely cook on a bonfire during your trip.
Breakfast: Campfire Burger
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. dry milk powder
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 12 sausage patties
- 12 eggs
- Combine canola oil, black pepper, dry milk powder, salt, sugar, baking powder, and flour in a bowl. Pour the dry mix into a medium bowl and then add half a cup of water to make the biscuits. Add the remaining water by adding one tbsp. at a time until you create a thick batter. Add and stir in the cheese. Put the iron pan over medium heat then add oil for coating. Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop the biscuit mix onto the pan. Cook until the first side turns into golden brown in colour before flipping once. Cook all biscuits until they are fluffy.
- Set an iron skillet over a medium high heat fire then add the sausage. Cook all the sausages until they are golden brown. Set them aside.
- In an iron skillet, cook eggs however you desire. Split the biscuits in the middle and put the eggs and the sausages in the middle. You can add ketchup or hot sauce if you want.
- 16 eggs
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 6 chopped medium potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 chopped green onions
- 3 T. parsley, chopped
- 9 tortilla shells
- Salt and pepper
- Tin foil
- Salsa or hot sauce
- Chop the potatoes and then boil them until they are soft. Chop the green onions then set them aside.
- Crack the eggs then cook them over a low heat fire to make scrambled eggs. Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Sauté garlic and yellow onions in 2 T. olive oil until they are fragrant. Add the sausage into the onion mixture and cook them through.
- Combine parsley, green onions, cheese, potatoes, scrambled eggs, and sausage mixture in a large bowl. Then, divide the ingredients into nine tortilla shells.
- Wrap and roll them in tin foil then throw them on the fire.
Dessert: Banana S’mores
- 1 peeled banana
- 2 tbsp. miniature marshmallows
- 2 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. slightly crushed cinnamon toast cereal
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat.
- Half your banana lengthwise. Place it on an aluminium foil.
- Insert chocolate chips and marshmallows in the banana.
- Wrap the banana in foil. Cook it on a grill for about five to six minutes. You can also bake it at 400°F for about five minutes and broil it until the marshmallows appeared to be slightly toasted.
- Unwrap the fruit then top it with cereal.
Enjoy these meals with your friends and family during your camping trip!